PART 1 SPECIFICATIONS
The Shaver/Blender was designed to offer our customer:
• SPEED: Just 9 seconds for a 12 oz drink.
• CONSISTENCY: Makes a perfect drink every time.
• VERSATILITY: Ability to make multiple drink sizes.
Height – 23-1/2”
Depth – 18”
Width – 12-1/4”
2100 5.3 a/115 volts
2150 10A/220 Volt
WEIGHT: 35 pounds
PART 2 RECEIVING YOUR SHAVER BLENDER
CARTON #1 (35 pounds)
• Splash Guard
CARTON #2 (11 pounds)
• Ice Hopper
• Ice Hopper Cover
• Blender Cups (2)
• Operations Manual
• Drain Hose
• Cleaning Instructions
• 90º PVC Elbows (2)
• Measuring Cups (2)
PART 3 SET UP & INSTALLATION
1. Prior to installation, check the general operation of the Shaver/Blender at your office (See #7 Adjustments).
2. When removing the machine from its carton, li from its base.
3. Ice hopper/Safety switch installation:
As of July 1990, the Shaver/Blenders will have Safety Switches. This is a requirement of The Underwriters Laboratory. The function of this switch is to cut power to the machine when the Hopper Cover is removed.
PLACE MACHINE ON THE COUNTER
PLACE THE HOPPER ON THE MACHINE
PLACE THE COVER ONTO THE HOPPER
DRAIN HOSE CONNECTION
A. Attach hose to the drain port connecon located on the boom of the machine.
B. Posion Drain Hose downward for maximum water flow. Important! Keep an air space between hose and drain receptacle. Do not plumb directly to drain pipe.
C. Drain pan has 2 tabs to release pan from the unit. This feature makes the pan easily cleanable.
DRINK DISPLAY BOARD
On/Off Switch: Provides power to the machine and is also used to reset the main control board in the event of a shaver or blender motor lock.
Drink Buttons: Drink cycle will begin when any of these buons are pushed.
Stop Button: When activated, machine will shut down and cancel drink cycle.
Shaver/Blender Buttons: When acvated, machine will shut down and cancel drink.
Timing on both Shaver and Blender motors is set at the factory. Be sure to check these adjustments prior to installation. The drink cycle will run for a total of 9 seconds: The Shaver Motor will engage at the press of the Drink Button and run for 4 seconds. The Blender Motor will also engage at the press of the drink button and run for 9 seconds.
These adjustments will vary according to the drink size. (Please refer to step 3 of Ice Flow Adjustment)
• Programming Mode: entered by pressing and holding STOP button.
• The numbered drink button selected (1,2 or 3) should now be flashing as long as the STOP button is HELD. Machine is now in the Programming Mode for the selected drink button.
• With the machine sing idle, press and HOLD the STOP button.
• Blend Set: While connuing to HOLD the STOP button, press and HOLD the BLEND button with the same hand. Use the other hand to adjust the blend me using the DRINK 1 button to increase the blend me and the DRINK 2 button to decrease the blend me.
• Press and release a numbered drink button (1,2 or 3) and connue to HOLD the STOP button.
• Shave Set: Use the same procedure but use the shave button.
• Release all buons to end programming mode.
ICE FLOW ADJUSTMENT
Adjustment of the ice flow is key to the funcon of the shaver/blender, and weighing the ice is the only accurate measurement. Because ice texture varies, this adjustment must be made at the me of installation.
Fill ice hopper to within one inch of the top.
Shaver blade ice adjustments: This can be done by using a 5/16th inch nut driver or flat head screwdriver on the adjustment.
Use the following chart for calibrang to the desired size drink:
PART 4 OPERATION
MAKING A FROZEN DRINK based on 12 oz glass or cup.
STEP 1. Thaw product completely, shake well and pour 4 oz. into measuring cup.
STEP 2. Thaw product completely, shake well and pour 4 oz. into measuring cup.
STEP 3. Pour contents of measuring cup into blender cup.
STEP 4. Place Blender Cup on base and press the #1 Drink Button.
STEP 5. Remove Blender Cup and pour into glass. The finished product should have a smooth, consistent texture that will fill the glass to the top.
NOTE: When making non-alcoholic drinks, substute liquor by increasing Island Oasis mix by one ounce.